: Make a Tattoo Gun
I've personally used this so I know it
Things you'll need:
- bic pen (this is your tube that houses the needle)
- 4 or 5" section of guitar string ,second one from the
smallest. ( this is your needle)
- tooth brush ( this gets bent like a "7" and joins the pen
to the motor)
- an eraser from a pencil (this joins the shaft of the motor to the
- small battery operated motor (from a "walkman" or a hand
- some tape (to join everything together)
Putting the pieces together:
- Take the guitar string and bend a little bit of the end down or up.
- Take out the ink tube of the pen, and cut it to about a 3 or
4" length, now file down the brass tip of the pen to get the ball
out, make the hole big enough to allow passage of the needle.
- Insert the needle into the pen.
- Now take the tooth brush and cut off the bristles making it about
4" long. Heat it up in the middle with a lighter and bend it in to a
"7" and hold in place untill stiff.
- Join/tape the pen needle assembly to the tooth brush.
- Now take the eraser from the pencil and shove it onto the shaft of
the motor, try to get it as dead center as possible. Join the
pen/needle/tooth brush to the motor/eraser assembly, tape the brush to the
- Take the bent part of the needle/guitar stirng and stick it into
the eraser, IMPORTANT- the needle must be purposely OFF CENTER.
- Now all that is left to do is find a power source, I used the
plug-in adapter frrom a cd player. i guess you could hook up some
batteries to a switch and then to the contacts of the motor.
You can use the Ink from the pen for the tattoo.